Allegiant Airlines Jobs in Las Vegas
Allegiant Airlines Jobs in Las Vegas, The Crew Planning Specialist is responsible for the planning, development, and allocation of Crew Members’ monthly bid schedules.
The Specialist is also responsible for assisting the Supervisor of Crew Planning with data collection, auditing, and monthly reporting and liaisons with Flight Crew Management, Network Planning, Crew Training, Line Training, Crew Payroll, Crew Travel, and Crew Scheduling.
Regulatory compliance, schedule continuity, CBA compliance, and adherence to policies and procedures are imperative responsibilities held with this position. This position supports the implementation of new systems and software as well as automating current processes and procedures.
|Post Name||Crew Planning Specialist|
|Company Name||Allegiant Airlines|
|Expected Salary||USD 55000 To USD 60000 Per Year|
|Address||Las Vegas, NV, United States 89144|
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Details: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience may be considered.
Years of Experience: Minimum of three (3) years of total experience in the Airline Industry. Minimum of three (3) years experience in part 135/121 scheduling/dispatching experience or minimum of three (3) years of Crew scheduling/planning experience.
- Excellent computer skills and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to read, write, and speak English in order to receive and understand instructions, and directives, and ensure safety, as well as the ability to interact with customers, is a requirement of the job.
- Ability to function in a high-stress role and work unsupervised in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to display a high level of self-discipline and motivation as needed to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Exceptional ability to manage administrative duties.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to be discreet in matters of confidential information.
- While primarily administrative hours, must be willing and able to work varying shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays should that be necessary.
- Airline experience with Collective Bargaining Agreements.
- Working knowledge of hiring development and related personnel processes.
- Understanding of staffing/headcount modeling and forecasting.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills.
- Working knowledge of FAR 121 and FAR 117 operations as they pertain to crew operations.
- Working knowledge of crew management systems and scheduling systems.
- Experience with PBS and optimization software.
- Ability to analyze data sets and transform them into tools for effective decision-making by management.
- Coordinate with Network Planning to create flight pairings through optimization.
- Assist with outlining Pilot and Flight Attendant headcount models to ensure base staffing levels meet company operational demand.
- Develop bid packets for Pilots and Flight Attendants for all domiciles.
- Audit all data within the bid packet for regulatory and CBA compliance for accuracy.
- Generate pre-bidding pairings as well as final bid awards within the Crew Management System.
- Maximize crew utilization while working closely with management and crew member representatives to improve crew member quality of life.
- Audit data integration between bidding interfaces and crew member schedules pre and post-bid.
- Understand and coordinate Flight Operation regulatory items including green on green flying, consolidation or knowledge, high minimums, and landing currency as they apply within the crew schedules.
- Create crew member schedules through a PBS or similar system while maintaining FAR and CBA compliance, focusing on crew member preferences and quality of life and aiming to achieve operational coverage goals.
- Manually construct monthly schedules for crew members otherwise ineligible to bid while maintaining FAR and CBA compliance.
- Support the Records department in providing crew validation flags prior to publishing to ensure legality.
- Conduct UAT for new system deploys/updates/implementations.
- Assure there is a constant and timely flow of information between all departments, management, and operational crew members.
- Foster a positive work environment that values open communication, trust, and personal accountability.
- Reconciliation of company credit card.
- Attend and coordinate meetings with other operating departments to drive and implement changes based on current trends, upcoming events, and historical reporting.
- Act as liaison between departments as it pertains to this position.
- Treat all individuals with fairness and respect and act in accordance with the expressed Allegiant Standards.
- Support the Contract Compliance department by providing grievance-related supporting documents and research.
- Other duties as assigned.
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience may be considered|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs.
May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state, or federal order.