Allegiant Airlines Careers Flight Safety Specialist Jobs in USA, The Flight Safety Specialist is responsible directly to the Manager of Flight Safety for the daily management, implementation, and execution of projects and programs within Allegiant’s Safety Management System (SMS), including ASAP, Event Reporting, pilot Line Operations Safety Assurance (LOSA) and airport risk management as they relate to Flight Operations and Dispatch/OCC operations.
|Post Name||Flight Safety Specialist|
|Company Name||Allegiant Airlines|
|Expected Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Address||Las Vegas, NV, United States 89144|
A combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Details: In Aviation, Aerospace, Safety, or a related field. Certification: Yes
Certification Details: Commercial Pilot and/or Aircraft Dispatcher Preferred.
Years of Experience:
Minimum three (3) years of experience in air carrier flight operations. Experience may be substituted with advanced education, FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, FAA pilot or aircraft dispatch certificate under Part 61, or equivalent foreign certificate.
- Knowledge and experience with FAA regulatory guidance.
- Knowledge of SMS and associated process.
- Project management and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, and a positive attitude toward teamwork.
- Willingness to assist managers, staff, and government agencies with the highest level of professionalism.
- Ability to handle numerous projects at one time and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to travel as required both domestically and internationally.
- Education or certification in Aviation, Aerospace, Safety, or a related field.
- Graduate Degree in Aviation Safety.
- Experience with flight and/or dispatch operations and safety programs.
- FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, FAA pilot certificate under Part 61, or equivalent ICAO foreign certificate.
- Process safety reports submitted by Dispatch and Flight Operations personnel.
- Maintain and improve the event classification system used to classify safety events.
- Perform risk analyses and risk assessments during safety investigations and during the safety risk management process.
- Assist operational department(s) in working through the safety risk management process.
- Perform data analysis using data from various Safety Assurance programs to measure and report on the effectiveness of risk controls.
- Complete safety data requests as requested.
- Develop and maintain content for the periodic safety data review process.
- Perform airport risk management and various airport safety-related initiatives and projects.
- Develop and maintain means of safety promotion content and delivery method for Dispatch and Flight Operations.
- Coordinate with the Regulatory Compliance Team on regulatory items.
- Perform duties as an active member of the Emergency Response team when requested.
- Attend and present at the semi-annual industry Aviation Info-share safety forum.
- Review current best practices from FAA and industry sources for practices applicable to Flight Crew Operations and Dispatch.
- Conduct airport risk assessments for all airports within the Allegiant network, including scheduled destinations, charter destinations, maintenance locations, and alternate airports, to identify hazards and develop mitigation strategies.
- Track the progress of airport construction projects.
- Perform proactive risk analysis of aircraft operations on the ground by assessing the suitability of airport facilities, including taxiways, ramp areas, and parking areas.
- Coordinate with operational teams to manage risk associated with flight operations within the airport and terminal environment.
- Develop and monitor systems and databases for management of airport risk as needed.
- Work with and track collaborative projects with the Air Traffic Control Coordinator and OCC Meteorologist.
- Establish and maintain internal databases of Flight Operations and Dispatch safety data to assist with data analyses, trend identification, and corrective action plan development.
- Monitor/track safety recommendations, IEP findings, FRMP, ASAP, self-audit, employee injuries, and corrective actions to ensure that effective follow-up actions have been taken.
- Investigate opportunities to increase the efficiency of processes. Measure the effectiveness and seek to continually improve the quality of processes.
- Participate in department safety meetings and safety initiatives including taking minutes, attendance, and facilitation.
- Serve as the primary facilitator for the bi-annual and continuous Line Operations Safety Assurance (LOSA) observations.
- Ensure crewmembers assigned to conduct LOSA observations are scheduled and compensated per the terms of their Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Serve as liaison between Allegiant and the LOSA collaborative on all matters.
- Maintain databases with LOSA observation data, identify reports, and action relevant trends.
- Assist and support department management with the development of continuous improvement efforts, documentation of processes, procedures, and controls of Allegiant’s SMS, and maintaining policies and procedures in the company’s safety manuals.
- Participate in industry Safety forums such as InfoShare and the International Air Safety Summit.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
|Education Required||Graduate Degree in Aviation Safety|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office – While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, keyboard, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs.
May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Essential Services Provider
Allegiant as a national air carrier is deemed an essential service provider during declared national and state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their assigned trip or work location during national and state emergencies unless prohibited by local, state, or federal order.