Alaska Airlines Remote Jobs $70/Hour
Alaska Airlines Remote Jobs $70/Hour : Alaska Airlines Jobs Seattle, The Senior Network Reliability Engineer is a subject matter expert in network design. As an individual contributor, this role exercises considerable judgment to make decisions in executing life cycle processes for network equipment and provide recommendations to ensure optimal network utilization.
It should come as no surprise that Alaska Airlines is recognized as one of Seattle’s most desirable companies for engineers and information technology (IT) professionals. Our technology teams are regularly improving the way our guests experience air travel.
We are innovators and creators, striving to continually improve our award-winning technology in ways that make travel as simple, enjoyable, and as seamless as possible. We are not content to rest on our successes.
We take pride in the fact that our ideas have become the norm across the industry, and we are always thinking about what’s next. Our culture of collaboration, history of launching industry-leading products, and experienced teams that work at the highest levels of software development help us to pioneer technologies that are creating an airline people love.
|Post Name||Senior Network Reliability Engineer|
|Company Name||Alaska Airlines|
|Expected Salary||USD 70 Per Hour|
|Address||Work From Home, United States|
Key Duties for Alaska Airlines employment:
- Build, develop and implement automation to improve the reliability of the network meeting business SLA objectives.
- Design, test and deliver scripts to automate manual operational work.
- Implements perimeter network security controls and participates in incident response.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the development of detailed network design artifacts including design, network diagrams, and low-level network configuration.
- Manage operational sustainment of the network, including fielding user requests, system-initiated tickets, network incidents, and escalations, providing 24×7 on-call support as needed.
- Manage and execute life cycle process for network equipment, including OS patching and upgrades.
- Develop and implement resilient network backup and recovery to maintain reliable network operating systems and tools (e.g., Solarwinds). Reviews and reacts to monitoring alerts, logs, and alarms.
- Helps define best practices for network management systems, including recommendations for key performance indicators and alert thresholds.
- Analyze data traffic patterns within the network infrastructure, detecting operational problems and recommending changes to ensure optimal network utilization.
- Performs installations and configurations of enterprise network devices, including routers, switches, wireless access points, firewalls, and remote access concentrators, and works directly with customers to resolve incidents.
- Drives network deployment projects by creating work breakdown structures, and work instruction packages, and tracks to completion of all network deliverables for the project.
- Leads in the development and production of complex documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
- Regularly monitor all network devices to provide rapid issue resolution and provide reporting metrics as needed.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills for Alaska Airlines Hiring:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in computer science or a related discipline; or an additional 2 years in lieu of this degree with CCNP – CCIE level certifications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience in each of the following:
- Managing enterprise network topologies with Cisco IOS/NXOS, Junos OS route/switch infrastructure, and Fortinet firewalls.
- Infrastructure automation technologies and languages – Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Python, Bash.
- In-depth experience with layer 2 switching technologies, VLAN, spanning tree protocol, and Cisco switching best practices and procedures.
- Implementing and maintaining enterprise-class WiFi infrastructure, with a focus on Cisco WLC and Cisco Wireless Access Points.
- Ability to interpret data captures and debug at the packet level.
- Demonstrated comfort working within a highly critical data center environment, with absolute adherence to change control processes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Familiarity with ITIL processes and procedures.
- Experience with SolarWinds, Infoblox, and similar network management tools.
- Knowledge of QoS, DSCP, and traffic engineering for VoIP.
- Knowledge and experience with Juniper MIST.
- Experience configuring and maintaining F5 load balancers.
- Familiarity with cellular technology, theory, and application, including modern mobile devices and apps.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components; cloud, compute, database, and storage.
- Experience diagnosing performance issues in complex distributed applications.
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree with a Focus in Computer Science|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
Total Rewards for Alaska Airlines Job Openings:
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company, location, number of regularly scheduled hours worked, length of employment, and employment status.
- Competitive total rewards package
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k match program
- Monthly incentive pay plan
- Annual incentive pay plan
- Travel privileges on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Equal Employment Opportunity: We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees and do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information (including family medical history), political views or activity, or other legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law.
If you’d like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please fill out an AAP Inspection Request Form. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.