Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Jobs Seattle $25/Hour
Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant Jobs Seattle $25/Hour, As a flight attendant, creating inflight experiences can make for a fun, challenging, and rewarding career.
If you can manage a flexible schedule, commit to upholding our high customer service standards, and create remarkable moments that people will remember, we want to hear from you. As the face of Alaska Airlines, you always put safety first and take action to support the safety and security of others.
You seek to understand, anticipate needs, and always strive to set up your coworkers for success. You provide genuine and caring service while creating personal connections in a positive, approachable manner with our guests and fellow employees. You take initiative and collaborate with peers to ensure the team’s success in creating an airline people love.
You create lasting connections by delighting our guests at every opportunity, while always representing the brand with pride and integrity. This is a union-represented position.
|Post Name||Alaska Airlines Flight Attendant|
|Company Name||Alaska Airlines|
|Expected Salary||USD 25 Per Hour|
|Address||Seattle, Washington, United States 98158|
As an Alaska Airlines employee, we’re creating an airline people love. We do this by bringing our whole selves to work and creating an inclusive environment for our guests and coworkers.
We hold safety above all else. We pride ourselves on making our guests’ journey hassle-free by providing a remarkable, on-time experience. It takes personal accountability and teamwork from every employee to deliver on our commitments.
- Own safety: understand and comply with all safety regulations, ensure all safety equipment on aircraft is in working order, and conduct emergency procedures as needed. Support the safety and security of oneself and other crewmembers while in-flight, in airport terminals, and during layovers while away from home. Calmly resolve passenger situations during flight, including emergency situations.
- Do the right thing: understand company policies and procedures to complete all onboard duties for the position assigned. Be empowered to know when to make exceptions to make things right for guests.
- Be kind-hearted: create an exceptional and inclusive experience for guests and fellow employees by demonstrating empathy and compassion.
- Deliver performance: always focus on safe on-time performance. Be proficient in utilizing an Inflight Mobile Device (IMD) to complete onboard duties, service flow, and elite guest recognition.
- Be remarkable: conduct oneself as a brand ambassador while at work, whenever in uniform, and on social media.
Training Requirement: Training will be held in Seattle and consists of five (5) weeks of unpaid training. Employee applicants are required to be in their role for 12 months before applying. Former employees are required to wait 6 months from their last day of employment before applying.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills Required
- 2 years of customer service experience.
- Able to reach 80 vertical inches while wearing shoes and/or standing on your toes.
- Comfortable being in a swimming pool with a life vest during emergency training and in water during an inflight emergency.
- Able to properly secure oneself in a jump seat with a harness without using a seat belt extension; able to expeditiously move through the cabin aisle in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Must be able to meet the company’s uniform and appearance standards.
- Able to push and pull service carts, open and close overhead bins, and walk and stand for significant periods of time.
- Able to relocate to any of our flight attendant bases: Los Angeles CA, Portland OR, Seattle WA, San Diego CA, Anchorage AK, and San Francisco CA.
- Able to serve alcohol.
- Possess basic technology skills to navigate necessary tools on a mobile device.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and be away from home overnight for multiple days at a time working varied schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to attend 5 weeks of unpaid training in Seattle if selected.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be a US citizen or registered alien with the legal right to accept employment.
- Ability to possess and/or obtain a current passport prior to the start date with unlimited access in and out of the United States. Employees with non-U.S. passports also will need any appropriate travel documentation. Must be able to fly unrestricted in and out of all countries within which Alaska Airlines operates.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Ability to communicate in English.
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air pay and benefits can vary by company, location, number of regularly scheduled hours worked, length of employment, and employment status.
- This role pays per collective bargaining agreement.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k program
- Monthly incentive pay plan
- Annual incentive pay plan
- Travel privileges on Alaska Airlines & Horizon Air
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees and do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information (including family medical history), political views or activity, or other legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law.
If you’d like to view a copy of our affirmative action plans, please fill out an AAP Inspection Request Form. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Why Are You Interested In This Role?
- What Are The Roles Of A Flight Attendant?
- What Are The Qualities That A Flight Attendant Should Possess To Be Effective?
- What Major Challenges Did You Face During Your Last Role? How Did You Handle It?
- Describe Your Daily Routine As A Flight Attendant?
- Describe Briefly Your Flight Attendant Experience?
- What Kind Of Strategies And Mindset Is Required For This Role? Explain With Example
- What Is The Biggest Challenge That You Foresee In This Job?
- How Do You Stay Motivated at Work?
- Describe a Time You Failed in this role and the Lesson You Learned
- How Would You Handle The Passengers Who Refuse To Comply With Given Flight Attendant Instructions While Landing Or In Takeoff?
- What Would You Do If You Have A Passenger Who Is Afraid Of Flying And Starts Panicking?
- What Are The First Few Things You Would Do In A State Of Emergency In The Air?
- What Was Your Most Liked Flight Experience?
- What Are Your Strengths For Good Customer Service?