|Post Name||A Licence Aircraft Technician|
|Company Name||British Airways|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Location||Heathrow, England, United Kingdom TW6 1QG|
|Min Salary||GBP 38000 to|
|Max Salary||GBP 42000 Per Year|
|Qualification||Field Related Degree|
If you Want Airlines Jobs in UK for Foreigners, At British Airways, we take huge pride in our past – but we’re looking to the future as an airline that loves embracing the best of modern Britain. Our country’s creativity, diversity, style, wit and warmth are the same special qualities that make us who we are.
If you’re made of the same qualities as us, you could soon be part of the next chapter of our story. Together as one team, we’re connecting Britain with the world and the world to Britain like no one else.
It’s an opportunity to learn new skills, develop your talents, and advance your career. It’s a chance to get to grips with a wide variety of aircraft and the kind of technical challenges that will put you to the test. Make the most of these and the only limit on how far you can go will be your ability and desire to get there.
Your focus will be on ensuring all aircraft in our fleet are airworthy. This means going above and beyond the standard set out by regulators to meet our own Engineering Quality procedures.
This will involve carrying out a range of specific maintenance tasks, from component changes and routine checks to general visual and surveillance inspections. Recording and documenting these changes will also be a core part of your role.
- Can lead maintenance tasks within your scope of authorization to agreed targets and expectations.
- Actively develop your skills and experience supporting the delivery of departmental objectives.
- Responsible for the successful completion of all allocated, planned, and ad-hoc maintenance tasks.
- Ensures compliance with safety, company procedures, regulatory and airmanship standards.
- Ensures and supports effective communication.
- Builds a culture of continuous improvement in a production environment.
- Supports the development of a high-performance team and culture.
- Responsible for remaining qualified and authorized on all aircraft types, vehicles, and equipment applicable to the area and able to carry out all tasks associated with the Technician role.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment by adhering to quality, health, safety, and environmental regulations and housekeeping standards.
- Ensure the requirements of competency checks in accordance with British Airways Quality procedures are met.
- Carries out IT and documentary transactions as required, making full use of technology.
- Understanding of material consumption, ordering and the ‘fit and remove’ process.
- Expected to further own knowledge and skills base with training, use of technology, and experience.
Who you will work with
Duty Shift Manager (your line manager), Satellite Engineers, all Production grades, Ramp/Base Planning, Engineering Control Centres and Technical Support Group (Part M).
You will need
- EASA Part-66 Category A licence (fixed-wing turbine).
- Applications are also welcome from holders of B1 licences without type ratings.
- 6 months of demonstrable maintenance experience in a Part 145 environment in the last 2 years.
- UK Driving Licence (and Airside Driving Licence desirable).
You will be
- Your success will be a combination of technical experience and leadership behaviours.
- Problem-solving and acting on your own initiative are important so you can make timely and informed decisions with an ability to bring together and understand complex information.
- The ability to interpret technical publications to make fact-based decisions in a challenging operational environment is key.
- To combine these capabilities with an innovative, flexible and adaptable approach.
- Strong collaborative skills are needed as you manage a team.
- Strong prioritisation, planning and organisation will mean you can deliver the British Airways operation on time.
What we can offer you
- Starting salary of £44,800 with the potential to rise to £47,000 upon completing probation.
- The overall package reflects your status in the maintenance department, and the expertise and leadership you’ll bring, encouraging the team to deliver to their full potential.
- A variety of shift patterns are available to suit your work-life balance attracting competitive shift pay.
Training and Development we can offer:
- Our specialist technical training facility at Heathrow is the venue for all our types of course training.
- We offer a wide range of industry-leading Part-147 / Part-145 training, which includes the latest Aircraft types, technological classrooms and simulators.
- Access to a suite of personal and developmental professional training through our Global Learning Academy at Heathrow.
- Opportunities to gain your B1 and/or B2 Licences with type ratings, to develop your career further.
- Opportunity to do a typing course to gain a BA type for B1/B2 licence holders, and develop your career to a Licenced Aircraft Engineer.
At British Airways we offer a wide range of flexible benefits such as:
- A pension scheme with potential contributions of up to 16.5% (if you contribute 5% BA will contribute 11.5%).
- A flexible benefits scheme gives you the option to buy from a range of benefits such as private medical insurance, life assurance, and critical illness coverage.
- Discounted confirmed flights for friends and family on BA from the date of joining.
- After six months in the role, access to standby flights (with eligibility for the Club cabin) for yourself and two nominees.
- Discounted standby travel on other airlines in the Oneworld alliance.
- Discounts on car hire, hotels, leisure activities, entertainment and many more.
- Free parking at work and free parking at Heathrow whilst on holiday for up to two weeks at a time.