Agriculture Jobs in New York City
Agriculture Jobs in New York City, Farm Compliance Services has provided advanced agronomic consulting in support of our farm clients for over 15 years. We primarily service livestock farms throughout New York, Michigan, and Vermont.
This position will provide support for our Lead Agronomist in Vermont by facilitating data collection (on the farm), data entry, mapping, and Comprehensive Nutrient Management Plan (CNMP) report development.
Additionally, FCS is looking for a creative individual who will also participate in developing bespoke, farm-specific analytic reports to promote agricultural efficiencies for our clients.
|Post Name||Agricultural Specialist|
|Expected Salary||USD 55000 To USD 60000 Per Year|
|Address||Work From Home, United States|
- Provide on-ground farm support for data collection, data entry, field inventory, and assessment.
- Assist FCS agronomists in the development of CNMPs & NMPs.
- Participate in client permit support including timely delivery of annual reports.
- Support FCS in farm data analytics, statistics, and general record keeping.
- Become a trusted advisor for our clientele – keep clients informed and support them in achieving long-term farm production goals.
- A BS in agriculture, biology, environmental science, math/statistics, geography, and/or another related field.
- Experience working in agriculture, environmental/land management, and/or related industry.
- Technical expertise with computers and experience using mapping software such as ArcGIS or precision agriculture applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with clients and partnering organizations.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
- 1 year of experience working in agriculture, environmental/land management, and/or another related industry.
- 1 year of experience using mapping software such as ArcGIS and/or precision agriculture applications.
- Interest in achieving a Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) professional certification and USDA-NRCS Technical Service Provider certification for Vermont.
- Must have a personal vehicle.
- Willingness to travel throughout Vermont and New York.
The last few years at FCS have been exciting. We continue to grow with our client base while seeking to provide deeper, farm-specific consulting services that help our farmers meet the challenges of today’s marketplace.
Our goal is to help farmers succeed in reaching their production goals while meeting environmental protection requirements and improving overall farm efficiency. The right candidate will have a chance to work one-on-one with farmers and help FCS continue providing excellent service to our clients.
This position offers the opportunity for career growth within a small and competitive consulting firm; a flexible schedule; and the ability to work remotely.
The position is being offered at 20-30 hrs./week, depending on the needs of the successful candidate, and will have a 3-month probationary period. There will be an opportunity to develop this position, full-time, for a committed candidate.
This position will work directly with our Northeast head of Agronomy, and work with farms in both Vermont and New York. The candidate must be willing to travel to clients and do some field work throughout the season.
If you are interested in being a part of a dedicated team of individuals who strive to help farms find ways to grow our food more efficiently, while improving methods to protect the environment, then you may be who we are looking for.
FCS offers competitive health care benefits, paid vacation, and the opportunity for personal achievement while working for a small business that helps farmers meet today’s competitive environment.