Job Opportunities in Canada with Visa Sponsorship
Accounting Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship, As a Commissions Accounting Manager in the Global Accounting group, you will play a central role in managing ongoing accounting operations in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Salesforce is looking for candidates with experience leading people, reviewing month-end close journal entries, executing controls and ensuring SOX compliance, implementing process/system improvements, documenting accounting positions, and preparing schedules to support monthly/quarterly reviews, the annual audit, and the 10Q & 10K documents.
Exceptional candidates will be critical thinkers who can manage the close process, effectively present findings and business insight to Senior Management, and welcome special projects to streamline Salesforce processes. An Accounting Manager is in charge of reporting an organization’s financials correctly.
They create systems and processes for analyzing, writing, and following legal requirements and recommending improvements to business procedures. Responsibilities of an Accounting Manager include preparing and reviewing appropriate ledger entry reconciliations. They’re also responsible for maintaining the general ledger system and preparing monthly financial statements submitted with regulatory reports to management, if applicable.
|Post Name||Commission Accounting Manager|
|Address||Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5J 2R8|
Salesforce’s mission statement is “to empower companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way.” The focus of this statement is on the difference that Salesforce can make in all its clients.
Responsibilities for Accounting Jobs with Visa Sponsorship:
- Apply knowledge of ASC 340-40 (IFRS 15) to accounting for commission payments, including maintaining an understanding of Salesforce’s sales compensation plans and ad-hoc sales incentives
- Collaborate cross-functionally with members of the Sales Compensation and Finance & Strategy teams
- Lead month-end close processes by reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations and conducting fluctuation analyses
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP standards, SOX controls, and documentation
- Manage and prepare schedules to support the 10Q and 10K financial reporting process
- Work directly with our internal and external audit teams to support the audit by providing supporting audit schedules, evidence, and process overview
- Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to the accounting processes including reconciliation of data, reporting, and analysis
- Manage a diverse team at various levels and across various locations to accomplish tasks accurately and within specified deadlines
- Help build and develop the team and mentor, educate, and review the work of other supporting members of the accounting team
- Drive special projects to completion
Experience/Skills Required for Finance Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
- 6+ years total experience in accounting and public accounting (ideal candidate will have accounting firm and corporate experience)
- CPA (or local equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Prior management experience within an accounting role
- Experience with Oracle or other large ERP required (Oracle R12 and Salesforce is a plus)
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills (e.g. complex formula & VLOOKUP experience) and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data
- Solid understanding of US GAAP with experience in technical accounting
- Solid understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence, interact, and partner with cross-functional and remote teams
Experience/Skills Preferred for Accounting Sponsorship Jobs Canada:
- Work experience from a Big 4 audit firm
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to think through new situations and evaluate data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information to management
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and at various levels within a company
- Experience with accounting for costs to obtain a contract (ASC 340-40, Contracts with Customers ) a plus
|Salary||CAD 160000 To CAD 178000 Per Year|
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance|
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.