Shunt Truck Driver
|Post Name||Shunt Truck Driver|
|Company Name||BlueTriton Brands|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Puslinch, ON, Canada N0B|
|Min. Salary||CAD 22|
|Max. Salary||CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Qualification||High School Diploma|
If you are looking for a challenging position with Canada’s leading bottled water company, here is your chance to join our team! We are hiring for the Shunt Truck Driver Position
BlueTriton Brands is committed to conducting our business in a way that is sustainable, both in terms of our packaging and the natural resources we use. We’re focused on advancing our commitment to health and hydration by providing access to safe, clean water.
Benefits for the Shunt Truck Driver opening
- $26.91 hourly starting wage
- Competitive health benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short/long term disability
- Career opportunity advancements
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Up to 6% employer contribution to the Group Retirement Savings Program
- Benefit eligibility on the 1st of the month following the hire date
- Water discounts and giveaways
Hours of Work: 5:50 am – 6:05 pm, 4 on 4 off continental rotation (Day Shift)
- Movement of trailers in and out of dock doors, always focusing on safety and quality
- Fill out daily documents for shunt truck circle checks and trailer inspections
- Monitor truck condition and communicate with a manager when repair(s) needed, also troubleshooting problems
- Maintain routine communication with the Dock Coordinator regarding the placement of trailers indoors or yard
- Assist and communicate effectively with our carrier partners
- Maintain a clean and tidy workplace (truck and yard) – Housekeeping
- Utilize process improvement techniques, tools, and procedures to improve results
- Follow safe operating procedures and maintain Blue Triton yard compliances at all times
- Assist in loading and unloading of trailers if required
- Flexible to work alternate shifts when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- DZ license required
- Clean driving record, must provide driver abstract
- 1-3 years of shunting experience required
- Must be a certified forklift driver (preferred, will train)
- Follow standard operating procedures at all times and eager to learn
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft office).
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills with experience in a team-based environment.
- Able to work 12-hour shifts
- Be flexible to help cover crewing gaps when needed
- Exposed to high-volume traffic
- Focus on safe work practices
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
BlueTriton Brands’ position in the Canadian bottled water market is unmatched. More than half of domestic spring water products sold in Canada are produced by BlueTriton Brands, including the leading domestic natural spring water brand – Pure Life.
We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in our communities.
As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package that may include healthcare benefits, retirement savings benefits and paid time off – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work.
It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at our organization?
BlueTriton Brands is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BlueTriton Brands will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.