Chemical Process Engineer
|Post Name||Chemical Process Engineer|
|Company Name||Saltworks Technologies|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Working Hours||8 Hour|
|Location||Richmond, British Columbia, Canada V6W 1A8|
|Min. Salary||CAD 70000 to|
|Max. Salary||CAD 72000 Per Year|
|Qualification||Relevant Degree in Chemical Engineering|
Chemical Engineering Jobs in Canada, We have exciting opportunities for Chemical Process Engineers in the clean technology space. If you would like to join a world-leading company making a positive impact, this role might be for you!
Who We Are:
Saltworks is an innovation-driven cleantech company located in Richmond, BC. We invent, design, and build advanced lithium recovery and desalination water treatment plants. Our customers are leading the way in sustainability with our technologies at the forefront.
Our Chemical Process Engineers lead the design of plants that are propelling the electric vehicle and energy storage revolution through the provision of lower-cost and lower-impact production of lithium-ion battery chemicals.
These same plants treat challenging saline industrial waters to help industry recycle water, reduce waste, and protect the aquatic ecosystems in which they operate.
We strongly value teamwork, quality of work-life balance, and meaningful work. Demand for our solutions is growing rapidly, presenting opportunities for international travel, career advancement, and to work on innovative new product development.
We invest in training and encourage our engineers to gain a deep understanding of our products, customers, strategy, and company culture. Our team includes industry specialists and pioneers in our field of practice who will mentor candidates without direct water experience, but who are highly capable.
Chemical Process Engineers at Saltworks make a positive contribution as follows:
- The lead process design of lithium recovery and advanced desalination plants by implementing our repeatable modular water treatment unit operations.
- Research process device options and specifications to confirm the best technology and economic fit for a project.
- Contribute to new product design.
- Specific day-to-day tasks may include:
- Creatively and strategically thinking through process designs to enable low risk, cost-effective, and environmentally beneficial designs.
- Developing mathematical process models.
- Generating and maintaining PFDs, P&IDs, and mass balances throughout project phases.
- Equipment sizing and specification.
- Development of control philosophies.
- Participation in Process Hazard Analysis/HAZOPs.
- Development and overseeing commissioning plans.
- Occasional hands-on work including commissioning, operating and troubleshooting water treatment assets during commissioning at our facility or customer sites. We will train and support you in this regard.
- Advance pilot testing and innovations from concepts to reality by unpacking customer or system requirements, generating test plans for pilot scale or innovative systems, and executing those test plans with support from industry specialists.
- Analyze and report operational and performance data, including interpretation and recommendations.
- Contribute to innovation and technology development at Saltworks, if this area is of interest.
You will be a great fit if you have:
- Relevant degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with process design experience.
- Minimum 3 years post-graduation experience completing process or chemical engineering in an industrial setting (design, testing, operations).
- Experience developing P&IDs using AutoCAD P&ID or similar preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Hands-on tooling and troubleshooting skills are a bonus.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, maintain a high quality of work, attention to detail, and quickly learn new skills.
- Positive attitude, can-do approach, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required.
Why join Saltworks?
We have an outstanding team who are passionate about innovation and solving key environmental challenges facing our planet.
Join a team pioneering the future of water! Some of our customers include:
- World premier electric vehicle maker.
- World’s leading computer chip maker.
- World’s largest provider of agriculture inputs.
- Major global tire manufacturer.
- Top producers of lithium-ion battery inputs.
- A collaborative and rewarding work environment.
- Opportunities to advance technically, or managerially.
- A diverse and inclusive team that has been key to our success.
- A competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- A culture that supports safety, innovation, learning, and teamwork.
- Fun social activities and company events.