Join the Amazon Stores team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. Our stores provide a unique, physical extension of Amazon.com through a highly curated assortment of unique in-store shopping experiences where customers can discover the next product they’ll love and interact with our knowledgeable and engaging associates.
If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
As a Retail Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun.
You adhere to and maintain regular and punctual attendance, safety, and quality standards and follow standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement.
You are flexible while working in an ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail, possess the ability to prioritize tasks quickly, collaborate, multi-task, have a willingness and enjoy learning new things, with a commitment to delighting our customers.
|Post Name||Seasonal Retail Associate|
|Expected Salary||USD 15 To USD 25 Hour|
|Address||Lynnfield, MA, USA 01940|
What You Do:
- Deliver excellent customer service acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
- Ask great questions to help identify customer needs and exercise great judgment in handling requests or complex customer interactions
- Introduce customers to exciting Amazon products and service that facilitates the discovery of anything Amazon has to offer including device demonstrations in a simple and accessible way
- Follow merchandising guidelines and execute space and signage changes as needed inside and outside the store building
- Receive, stock, and replenish product
- Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process, and count product
- Operate all of the systems, tools, and devices used within the store, including crewing the point-of-sale (POS) station.
- Follow standard processes, identify opportunities for improvements and escalate when appropriate promptly
- Handle cash and provide accurate change to customers
- Ensure that the store is safe, help clean the store, and are diligent about keeping stations customer ready.
- Support a store environment where all associates and customers are welcome
- Perform additional duties as assigned work in a dynamic environment that is always to enhance the Amazon brand and exceed our customer expectations
- Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You can lift to 49 pounds and be on your feet for shifts lasting up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||High School Diploma|
- Prior experience in a retail or customer-facing environment
- Strong understanding of Amazon devices and Amazon services
- Strong verbal communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated success in problem-solving and delivering results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or another legally protected status.
Interview Questions for Seasonal Retail Associate:
- What do you know about our company and products?
- If you had to pick only three words to sum up our brand, which ones would you choose and why?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- Why do you think you’d be a great fit for this position?
- Have you ever worked in retail before? Tell me the two most important things you learned from this experience?
- What is the main thing you need to accomplish in every customer interaction?
- Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer complaint. How did you handle it?
- What does ‘the customer is always right’ really mean?
- If we hire you, how long do you plan to work with us?
- What is sales strategy? Can you think of an example of a sales strategy that might work for our company?
- What does good customer service look like?
- You observe a coworker being rude to a customer. What would you do?
- Which is more important: speedy, efficient service, or taking as much time as needed to help a customer?
- Would you comfortable completing POS purchases and returns?
- Tell me about a time you worked hard to exceed a personal goal.
- What role do you think competition plays in a sales associate team?