Legal Jobs in Switzerland
Legal Jobs in Switzerland, We are looking for a highly qualified Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
|Post Name||Senior Legal Counsel|
|Company Name||British American Tobacco Switzerland|
|Expected Salary||CHF 100000 To CHF 140000 Per Year|
|Address||Lausanne, Switzerland 1007|
What are the key objectives and expectations from this role?
- As Senior Legal Counsel, you are fully responsible for the day-to-day general commercial and marketing advice to all parts of the Company, which includes the legal review of advertising activities for BAT’s Potentially Reduced-Risk Products (PRRP).
- You are ensuring the timely delivery of legal services for its business and operations whilst contributing to the compliance of the Company to regulation and corporate governance principles.
- You are also interacting with different departments which requires an openness to business and an ability to give pragmatic and concise legal advice to non-lawyers.
What is the direct impact of this role on the team or organization?
- We have a clear purpose to build A Better Tomorrow by reducing the health impact of our business. These products will be advertised and marketed in a different way than the “classical” tobacco products in the past. This role will help to transform the way we advertise and market our new products in the digital era with professional and first-class legal advice.
- Provide timely and professional legal advice to all functions and appropriate training guaranteeing a proactive approach to the protection of the Company and its employees, assets, and reputation
- Ensure the organization’s understanding of BAT’s legal requirements and standards by validating and risk analyzing marketing activities and supporting their compliance
- Effectively draft and review all contracts and procurement documents, ensuring compliance with applicable policies as well as the protection of the Company as a whole
- Provide counseling to all functions in respect of contractual matters
- Provide timely and professional legal advice related to labor law matters Contribute to cross-functional projects and initiatives to assess, monitor, and anticipate potential threats to the business such as competitor activities, to support the achievement of the business objectives
- Monitor and interpret the legislative environment in which the Company operates to ensure proper and timely compliance
- Identify legal priorities and compliance procedures for the business to ensure an internal environment in which the business understands and meets its legal obligations
- Manage contracts by BAT’s contracts management best practices
- Manage mandates assigned to external counsels to ensure the quality of work product and compliance with external counsel guidelines
- Effectively manage litigation and administrative proceedings of the type ordinarily arising in the course of the Company’s business
- Internal working relationships BAT Switzerland Head of Legal and External Affairs (LEX), LEX Team, Management Team, Marketing Function, managers and employees
- External working relationships Law firms, customers, and suppliers
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Education Required||Bachelor of Law|
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- Recognized Master’s degree in Swiss law and/or qualified as a lawyer
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in private legal practice and/or in a corporate environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required as well as a good command of both French and German along with fluency in English
- Ability to act on own initiative, applying good judgment
- Strong influencing and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work with peers and senior management, inspiring trust and confidence
- Ability to explain highly complicated and technical issues and concepts including identification of relevant business considerations for decision
- Ability to understand the needs of the business and express them clearly, concisely, and effectively
We Are Bat
At BAT we are determinedto our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, Achieving, Together
Collaboration, diversity, and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!