We are looking to hire a knowledgeable back office executive to join our busy back office team. As a back office executive, you will be reporting to the back office manager and assisting with various administrative duties. This includes data management, project processing, market research, data analysis, finances, and administrative duties.
To ensure success as a back office executive, you should have extensive knowledge in office management, the ability to work as part of a team, and the ability to respond quickly to requests from management. Ultimately, a top-class back office executive works quickly and efficiently to provide reliable support for management and the front office team.
|Post Name||Exe-Sr Exe-AM-DM CBC Back Office|
|Salary||20000/- To 25000/- Per Month|
|Education Required||12th Pass|
DHL is a German logistics company providing courier, package delivery, and express mail service, which is a division of the German logistics firm Deutsche Post. The company group delivers over 1.6 billion parcels per year.
When Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom, and Robert Lynn founded DHL in 1969, they didn’t know they would revolutionize the world of logistics. Today, DHL is the world’s leading logistics company. Our 380,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help you cross borders, reach new markets and grow your business. Or simply send a letter to your loved ones.
Identify, develop and prioritize initiatives that will improve the quality of service to DHL customers.
Carry out tasks as assigned with utmost care & efficiency & in compliance with the Customs & any other law in force
- Team Members and department Managers- To communicate DHL progress, activities, and plans
- Understand customer needs and work appropriately
- Promote the company’s interest to expand customer base
- Interpret and implement regulatory guidelines
Industry Associations, Airport authorities, Brokerage
- Coordinate and support the overall benefit of the industry
- Closely monitor against SLA to improve the performance related to DHL KPI and reduce clearance cost
- Maintain good relationship
§ Represent DHL interests at all levels of Customs & Regulatory administration with professionalism and integrity.
Operations Management, Hub / Gateway departments
- Work closely with the Operations Management team to identify, develop and prioritize initiatives that will improve the quality of service to DHL customers, inbound/outbound transit time, and the overall cost position.
- Understand the task completed in advance of the start of the task & take necessary guidance from time to time from the immediate superior
- Ensure proper handling of documents including record storage in readable form as per requirement
- Updation of status on each task assigned to the immediate reporting manager
- Ensuring cordial relations within & with external agencies/ authorities
- Proper & accurate coordination between relevant internal sections of the department or other departments
- Providing timely status of the task assigned
- Timely submission of documents/ expense reports/ other necessary cum required inputs/ information to ensure that the next task in line is done within the stipulated time
- Maintain accounts of advances taken & submit timely & correct vouchers
- Sign Customs documents only if authorized by the company in such form as prescribed by Customs
- Handle packages carefully
- Report exceptions immediately such as queries, damages, and other issues during the execution of tasks assigned
- Follow the code of conduct, which an employee of a CHA is required to follow as per the CHALR
- Will not be part (active or passive) of any unions/ independent associations, whatsoever
- Will not indulge in any activity, on his own or on the guidance of internal or external staff/ managers, which will hamper the image and/or repute of the DHL organization or exposes the DHL organization to notices/ actions from authorities
|Schedule Type||Full Time|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India 600017|
- Basic knowledge of Customs laws & procedures, an exception to billing team who should know the steps in the clearance process well
- Basic man management skills
- Complete knowledge of the clearance process & steps
- Knowledge of Customs requirements
- Knowledge of Logis – for back office & billing team
- Team on VAS/ SEZ etc should have detailed knowledge of their subject domain
- Responsibilities as a CHA under the CHALR must be read & understood by all
Competency segment ‘Business’
Customer Orientation: Is focused on identifying and understanding, in general, the requirements of our customers. Expresses and acts on the desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with the good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and use efficient work methods and tools.
Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk. In the event of any uncertainty or incomplete understanding of the issue, immediately speak to his reporting manager & not take any decision till asked to do so.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear, and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools, and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results, striving for the best in class. Is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.